Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dancing in heaven

Merry Christmas, friends!  I hope your holiday was wonderfully packed with family, food, and winter fun.  If you haven't gone sledding, ice skating, or drank hot cocoa yet, I would recommend that you get on that soon.

Well, I wanted to tell you about a beautiful soul who has recently joined the Communion of Saints in heaven.  Dear Becca Brookover passed away from leukemia earlier this week and will be forever remembered by her friends still on Earth.  Becca was a student, dancer, and friend with an unending supply of smiles.  I can feel her smiling at me with those darling cheeks.

The last time I saw Becca was on the NDA stage in the fantastic performance of Hairspray the Musical.  Oh my, to see her dancing front and center in her darling aqua dress brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.  I fought to see the stage through my tears during the showstopping "You Can't Stop the Beat" number, in which Becca glowed amongst our best friends on the greatest stage around.  My fight was nothing compared to the bravery she showed through her difficult illness.  I can only pray to have strength like hers.  What a blessing it was to see her talents once more before she moved on to heaven. 
From conversations about classic literature during tap lessons in Perrysburg to that performance of Hairspray, I will always remember her as a smiling angel.  Thank you, Becca, for reminding me to love life and never stop smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment