Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer discoveries

Ha! I have managed, after much too long, to access my account. Let the summer blogging begin!

Let us hope that after such a long hiatus from thesunsbirthday that I shall have something interesting to write about this summer. My plans for the season are simple: a babysitting job for two gradeschool children and one highschool student. No performances planned as of now, but my heart aches to step on stage. In place of a summer musical, I have bought an acoustic guitar, which I shall learn as well as I can. And I shall read. Oh, I shall read.

So far, I have read Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, and In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan, and am currently enjoying Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. Alas, the first time I picked up the latest novel was four years ago as an obligation of my English class. Having read much more classic literature since then, my mind is more attuned to the language and am thus enjoying it much more. In fact, as I write this I think in classic English prose, for I watch Becoming Jane. I must admit, though her British accent is not perfect, I still admire Anne Hathaway and take great pleasure in knowing that her name, like mine, is spelled with an E. Until later, at which time I promise a much better post, I send my love and affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment